We are not currently recruiting for new members. Our recruitment is driven by operational demands or vacancies arising on our team.
Our recruitment campaigns run for a short time frame and are extensively advertised locally, on our website and on our Twitter page. If you are interested in joining our team at Skerries Coast Guard please keep an eye out for our next recruitment window.
Profile of those who may be interested in joining our team as a Coast Guard Search & Rescue Responder:
- Aged 18 – 67 years?
- Living or working locally in Skerries?
- Full Class B (car) driving licence?
- Enjoy working in a team?
- Keen to learn new skills?
- Enjoy being active & outdoors?
Our team at Skerries Coast Guard is comprised of highly dedicated and committed local Search & Rescue volunteers who give their free time to helping those in difficulty along our coast. Our team forms part of a network of over 45 other Coast Guard stations around the Irish coast. Our primary purpose is to respond to Search & Rescue mission taskings from the Coast Guard’s National Maritime Operations Centre.
During these Search & Rescue missions our volunteers will often work alongside and support a number of other resources:
- Coast Guard resources (for example the Coast Guard’s S92 Sikorsky helicopters, other Coast Guard Search & Rescue teams),
- Other Emergency Services (Gardai, Fire Brigade, Ambulance),
- Declared resources (Navy, Air Corps, RNLI, Civil Defence, etc).
Our team is also proactively involved in water safety promotion and prevention strategies in the local area.